Friday, April 29, 2011

Sing, Memory*



1.

I still remember sitting in a minivan at age 6 or 7 and hearing this for the first time, not quite comprehending the lyrics and the meaning but still feeling an innate sadness nonetheless. I asked my mother why he was leaving and she looked at me and said that someday I'd understand. - ACDC392333/ The Boxer / Simon and Garfunkel

2.

When immigrated from Mexico to this country. This song kept me moving forward. This song kept me moving on each and every cold night at the mauntain. Thanks to this song for giving me the will to keep moving on and being someone in life. Love Led Zeppelin. Always, Joey. - PhiloDlo/ Going To California/Led Zeppelin

3.

You and I, sitting in our rent-controlled New York apartment ,reading, together but so alone, yearning for each other, but never reaching out. I cry every time I hear this, Sharon. It's been twenty years, but I still do - jeannot01/ The Dangling Conversation/Simon and Garfunkel

4.

This song bombards my senses with Nostalgia, of a place i do not know and a time i do not remember. - Selous2Scout/Far away trains passing by

5.

I was 14 and looking out the wiindow of our Mining company house. She was walking down the street in her new brown suede jacket and talking to girls skipping with two ropes. At that moment my friend put this Lobo song on the large Fleetwood sterio. It struck me that this girl had legs that went on and on and long beautiful hair down to her perfect bottom. This girl I would marry and I did in 1984.........THANK YOU LOBO, I'm still inspired with her 36 years later - Retiremesoon2/I'd Love You To Want Me/Lobo

6.

In the late 70s, there was a radio station in Denver called KXKX. When it went off the air for the last time, just before midnight, this was the song they played--in its entirety - The Doors - The end - 351460 / The Doors/The End


................
*video comments from YouTube.com

8 comments:

Sekhar 7:35 PM  

beautiful post thulasi. loved this man :)

ഹേമാംബിക 2:30 AM  

Great. Love this :-)

അനൂപ് :: anoop 9:35 AM  

ഒരു വല്ലാത്ത nostalgic മൂഡ്. Beautiful.

Sekhar 3:59 PM  

can't stop listening to these songs man... especially "Far away trains passing by" one. thank you for sharing. grabbed the mp3 out of that ;)

un 8:31 AM  

Shekhar, gimme ur mail id. will mail the song. if you need more of Ulrich lemme know. :)

ശ്രീ 6:06 PM  

ഇഷ്ടമായി

Sekhar 7:33 PM  

@ unmesh, mail me at sekhar.randomshots@gmail.com thanks a lot :)

R. 3:20 AM  

ഡോര്‍സിന്റെ ദ് എന്‍ഡിന് ഒരു വല്ല്യ ലൈക്ക്. :-)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP